Kudos Recipients July 2018

Bob Blay receives his Kudos award.

Bob Blay, Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity

Bob has gone above and beyond this summer, making sure several summer programs ran smoothly. He oversaw the travel of about 75 students to campus, he helped organize events for four programs, and he jumped in to help with administrative details for a STEM + Symposium run by OIDE. He has worked evenings and weekends for the past several weeks. Most importantly, he has helped support students however they’ve needed, including getting two students home early for family emergencies. In these cases, he gave up his own time to book flights and make arrangements to get students to the airport.

Submitted by: Molly Magavern

Lisa Armstrong receives her Kudos award surrounded by co-workers.

Lisa Armstrong, Dining Services

I was visiting Williams as a prospective student, and my dad and I decided to have breakfast at Driscoll early on a Saturday morning. Unsurprisingly, given the timing, we were pretty much the only ones there. Lisa must have realized I was a prefrosh and came over to our table to welcome us. She ended up talking with us for over an hour about what a wonderful school Williams is, how much she loved working here, and what a close community it was between staff, students, and faculty. Honestly, that conversation was a deciding factor in my college decision — the other schools I looked at simply couldn’t match that level of caring and community, especially when it came to staff/student interactions.

As a freshman this past year, I thanked Lisa when I saw her again. Out of the thousands of people she must meet at Driscoll, she actually remembered my dad and I and we’ve continued to have a very friendly relationship. I keep trying to bring all my visitors and prefrosh to Lisa so she can convince them!

Submitted by: Molly Berenbaum