Nominees September 2018

Audrey Werner and Debra Rogers-Gillig

I would like to nominate two Biology department employees … Audrey Werner and Debra Rogers-Gillig. Audrey and Debra have been absolutely essential to the successful transition of the biology department during our transition period. Half of our department moved from Bronfman to the new Science Building. The other half of the department had a complete lab renovation for all of the first floor labs in Thompson BIology, and all of the basement labs as well. In addition to getting our department prepped for regular activities (Introductory and Genetics lab support for 300 students), they worked closely with the construction workers, architects, project managers. Like bulldogs, they kept all of the projects on time with constant vigilance. They also moved, catalouged, re-moved, and re-moved again all of our sensitive equipment — this was to assist the workers during the building and renovation. Audrey and Debra made sure we had functioning lab spaces for our students (that are starting next week). I can easily say that without their work, the biology department would be in a whole world of hurt right now. If anyone I have worked every deserved kudos, it is these two!!

Nominated by: Steve Swoap

Joe Cooper

Joe went above and beyond for me a few days ago. While here working on a light socket i had asked if he could see if one of his drill bits would cut a hole large enough in our picnic table so our umbrella would slide in. Unfortunately the size he has was quite big enough and tried a few other methods that also didn’t work. After Joe finished was his work order had stated for him to do, he went back down to Facilities came back with a bigger drill bit and drilled the table for us. He had other things to do but he took time out of his day to go back to Facilities and come back and drill out a hole in our table, which i think is quite nice for us in Paresky ( Dining Services ).

Nominated by: CJ Hazell

Marsha Peters and Randy Benoit

I work closely with Marsha in the front office at Facilities, and I was having a conversation telling her how I had to put my cat of 16 years down because of his deteriorating health and it breaks my heart. I was contemplating if I was going to get my cat cremated or bury him but I had no idea what to bury him in. Marsha then called Randy (Architectural Trades Foreman) and asked Randy to make a cat coffin for my beloved cat whenever he could. Before I knew it Marsha was delivering a beautiful pine box that Randy just finished, It was an act of kindness I will forever be grateful for. I appreciate the compassion they both showed me and to have gone above and beyond for me. This truly made me see what a wonderful place Williams is to work with good people like this.

Nominated by: Kim Racine